Traction analysis of hydro mechanical transmissions - Introduction
Traction analysis is a necessary design stage of transmissions of various mobile machines (cars, self-propelled chassis, tractors, tractors, loaders, scrapers, etc.) and is the basis for an estimation of their technical parameters and fuel economy. The traction characteristics of self-propelled wheel machines received as a result of calculation are the basic parameter of efficiency of team work of the primary engine (diesel engine), transmission and wheel propeller.
Traction characteristics allow:
- to receive dependence of the machine movement speed on total resistance to movement;
- to establish interrelation of the moments and speeds on the engine shaft, pump and turbine wheels of the hydraulic torque converter, the transfer ratio and efficiency of the hydraulic torque converter, relative slipping of wheel propeller and traction forces;
- to define useful and spent powers of the machine as a whole and on separate sites of transmission, the charge of fuel on various loadings.
- for various conditions of the machine (loaded, empty),
- for a family of partial and regulator characteristics of the engine,
- for various transfer ratios of transmission,
- in view of parallel selection of power from the engine to mechanisms,
not connected with a forward movement of machine,
- for various characteristics of slipping of wheels,
traction characteristics completely define a stationary mode of movement of the machine.